My Blog!

Tuesday, February 07, 2006


This is one of the fabric pieces I dyed the other day, I just love it.
I started with a kitty litter tray, (new one!!)
Into this I put my washed and folded fabric. The piece is about 2 and a bit metres, and folded to sit flat in the tray. I mixed up some red yellow and blue dyes, and starting from the left of the tray, I put a line of blue, a line of red, yellow, blue red yellow. and let it sit for about an hour. Then I rinsed it in hot water, and threw it into the washing machine and washed it. (what else would you do with it in the washing machine!) Then hung it on the line. Is that not the best moment ever, when you hang it out. I was so excited. The colours are much more vibrant in real life, but I am sure you get the idea.



I had to show you this picture, it's a sunset from the other night, and it was just stunning. The piture is looking though the trees on the south-eastern side of our property, just gorgeous.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home