My Blog!

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

New Work



Yesterday I had a fun day dyeing fabrics, washing them out, drying them etc. And the results are beautiful.
I used Melody's lazy dyeing techniques, and I am very happy with the results.

I used some of the fabrics to make this piece, which will be for sale when finished. I am very pleased with the colours, very striking.

I never thought I would get into dyeing fabrics, but I am glad I have, as this is part of the whole art process, I feel, and I doubt that any mass produced fabric, would give me this result.







I made this wall hanging for my son. He found this fabric, as a panel at Spotlight, and I cut it up and put some borders on it, and then yesterday, on my newly setup quilting machine, I quilted in the black area. You can't make out the quilting, but I used a black, grey, purple and green varigated thread, and it looks great. He will be very pleased when he comes home from his Dad's house tomorrow, as it's only taken me about 6 months to finish it. The quilting machine wasn't set up, so I couldn't do the final touch.

1 Comments:

At 10:43 AM, Blogger Melody Johnson said...

Claudia, your quilt is wonderful. I love the texture you acheived with the different techniques.
Thanks for linking me in your post too, plus thanks for the sidebar links. Your emails are so deeply appreciated.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home