My Blog!

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Melbourne Quilt Show

Hi All, Well this is take two on the blog entry, so it will not be as exciting as the first one. I pushed publish, and it disappeared, bugger!

This is the quilt that won best of show in the Quilt and Craft fair in Melbourne over the weekend. It is by the Thimblelady, Luixin Newman, wo I was lucky enough to meet. What a lovely kind person she is. This work of her is exquisite, it is all needle turn applique, and hand quilted obviously, and measures less then 2 foot square from memory. Just stunning.










This piece would have been one of my favourites. It signifies the tsunami in Asia 18 months ago, and it was beautiful, sorry I can't remember who made it.
I am going to start making a block of the month pattern with flowers and vines etc. so I am now off to play in autosketch, so watch this space.

xxx claudia Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

At 7:57 AM, Blogger Karoda said...

oh my! all those tiny leaves as hand turned applique!!!!!!! And the quilting lines are very appealing.

 
At 7:51 PM, Blogger catsmum said...

do you know I think it was even smaller than that... my memory is saying about 16" square.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home