My Blog!

Sunday, December 10, 2006

Scary Sun

In Victoria we are experienceing alot of bushfires, which I am sure alot of people would be aware of. Melbourne is blanketed in a layer of smoke, which is becoming quite unbareable. My eyes are killing me, and the breathing is not as great as I would like it to be, but regardless, we are lot better off then many people around at the moment. My thoughts go out to the families with fires threatening their homes and livelihoods.
My wonderful man took some photos yesterday evening, of the sun, it was amasing, the smoke had made it so muted, that we could look directly at it with the naked eye. Not something that you often see. It was a very eerie orange colour, made you feel a little nervous. The bushfires are a long way from us, but should one start nearby, I am in the car and outta here. It's just a house, and it's insured. We live on a bush block, and if the fire came through, we wouldn't have much luck.
The smoke today is alot worse then yesterday, we can't even see the next hill, wow! Off to rest my sore eyes.

xxx Claudia Posted by Picasa

6 Comments:

At 12:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It IS scary!!! That photo is incredible. I hope the fires are damped down soon.

 
At 1:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It IS scary!!! That photo is incredible. I hope the fires are damped down soon.

 
At 1:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It IS scary!!! That photo is incredible. I hope the fires are damped down soon.

 
At 11:32 PM, Blogger June Calender said...

Claudia - the pictures are very beautiful and very scary. I have a dear [non-quilting] friend in Melbourne and always think of her when I hear about the brush fires in the area. The smoke must be terrible for everyone with breathing problems, as well as the eye irritation. I hope you'll have lots of rain very, very soon. But WOW, what amazing pictures!

 
At 1:53 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

I live in BC (Canada) up in the mountains...we've had some bad forest fire years, too. It's so scary to have the quality of light be so red, so dark during the day when it should be bright and clear. I know when our fires are bad here that there is a strange atmosphere, like a tension, like waiting, that takes over the town. I hope you are finding comfort, and that the fires are not too near any civilization. I hope that they can be kept under control.

 
At 1:14 PM, Blogger Sally L. Smith said...

What fantastic pictures! I've never seen the sun like that in my 60 years. You should make a quilt out of one of those photos. Make something good out of a bad situation.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home